As Spectre launches this week, we ask whether Moneypennny is the ultimate Secretary? Moneypenny has been through various transformations during the Bond films and we welcome her latest reincarnation as kick-ass Secretary to M, played by Naomie Harris.
These aspects of Moneypenny’s role certainly elevate it to Super Secretary in our view:
- Secretary to the Head of MI5 and therefore responsible for national security. You probably wouldn’t be leaving the filing cabinet unlocked.
- Complete discretion at all times – if not, you could be charged with treason. Not sure that one’s going to tribunal.
- If you screw up, your boss might die. No, really (if Moneypenny had been in charge of organizing the safe house in Skyfall, M would definitely still be alive).
- You must resist the charms of the agents passing through your office; easier said than done when it’s Daniel Craig – you would, wouldn’t you?
- Christmas card list edits every year when agents don’t return from assignments. (Gives extra meaning to the “File” “Delete” instruction).
- Scheduling your boss’s day needs to take account of terrorist uprisings in 3rd world countries (does Outlook cover that?)
- Organising MI5’s Christmas party might prove challenging (sourcing a discreet location serving Vodka Martinis somewhere 5 miles beneath the Thames.)
- Office wear needs to look good with a gun holster.
- Pressing the wrong key on the computer might start another world war.
We love Spectre’s Moneypenny - no longer the sex object in the office but a feisty foil to 007’s charms. To find your role as the next Super Secretary, visit our Jobs page for all our secretarial jobs at www.rmsrecruitment/candidates