*Please note that this role is currently on hold, with a view to onboard the successful candidate later in the summer. Please do still apply to register your interest*
The Executive Assistant / EA will support the Managing Director of a film production company to ensure the smooth and efficient running of his day-to-day life (both business and private).
The EA will essentially be the MD's right-hand person and manage the full range of high level administrative and organisational support duties, including taking care of travel arrangements, diary management and events organisation. The EA will act as gatekeeper and first point of contact for internal stakeholders and external contacts, to help ensure the best use of the MD's time.
EA Key tasks and accountabilities
- Managing internal and external communications: you will be the primary contact and act as a gatekeeper for the Managing Director to manage and filter requests for his time
- Diary management, including organising and making appointments/reservations to ensure optimal scheduling of meetings and events
- Ensuring that the MD is appropriately briefed and informed on key activities
- Script reading and summarization - providing top-line synopsis for MD review.
- Coordinating travel arrangements (flights, transport, accommodation) to ensure all journeys are well-organised and efficiently managed in the most cost-effective way
- Preparation and organisation of meetings; preparation of documents / files needed in advance and coordinating follow up actions on behalf of the MD
- Management of sickness absences and holiday approvals for the MD's direct reports, liaising with the Operations Director / HR as appropriate
- Liaising with the HR Manager on staffing queries and issues, as appropriate
- Undertaking personal errands and responsibilities. Arranging and offering support in relation to home services such as broadband and utilities; organising plumbing / electrical services when needed for example
- Events organisation: e.g. annual Christmas parties, private screenings, regular team dinners and drinks, birthdays, etc
- General administration and organisation of digital documents
- Working alongside the company's accountants for management of expenditure, receipts, etc.
- Client services relations - organising gifting, sending flowers, etc.
- Troubleshooting and flexibility whenever business or personal ad hoc problems arise.
EA Key skills and experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience as a Personal Assistant or in a complex administrative role preferable within a production or media environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build strong and trusted working relationships with a variety of people, internally and externally
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads in a reactive environment with conflicting demands
- English writing and grammar important
- A calm and professional manner
- A bright and positive can-do attitude.
- Tech savvy with an excellent working knowledge of office and mac applications and implement the appropriate management and communication systems for this role.
- A highly service-orientated mindset with strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Appreciative of the importance of observing discretion and confidentiality in respect of all business and personal information, files and documents, at all times.
If you are an experienced EA, send us your EA CV today!
RMS Recruitment specialises in PA and EA recruitment across a range of industries in London. Please visit our website for more job vacancies.