Our lovely boutique property client in the West End is looking for new Receptionist & PA. Salary: £24K - 28K + bonus!
Experience: 18 months minimum
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
Benefits: bons; 20 days holiday + Christmas and New Year; pension
Hours: 09:30 - 17:30
Start date: ideally ASAP but happy to wait a notice
Receptionist & PA Duties
- Answer telephone promptly and in a professional manner. Announce calls and take messages efficiently, giving only relevant information to caller about staff whereabouts. Pass message on promptly to the right person. Ensure caller's number taken accurately.
- When reception desk is unmanned check with the staff who are in the office if they will take calls or if they want the answer machine switched on. If the latter, make sure answer machine is switched on and set up correctly.
- Arrange meetings as requested, ensure room(s) booked, relevant people notified.
- Attend to visitors in a professional manner, especially clients. Offer refreshments, show into meeting rooms, offer only relevant information about staff whereabouts. Don't interrupt client meetings to make own teas/coffees. Get to know clients and always provide a welcoming atmosphere.
- Copy and audio type letters, documents and other correspondence as required by the staff. Complete typing promptly and efficiently. Use spell check and self review work before giving back to staff member to minimise errors. If delayed in completing work, inform staff member of status and when you are likely to complete the task. Update on progress as needed.
- Send bulk emails out via the use of Mailchimp, an understanding of Mailchimp would be a bonus.
- Collate reports/binding as required, liaising with outside suppliers.
- File all documents on the computer server logically and with easy to find references.
- Produce maps using Promap software.
- Update excel spreadsheet with incoming property details as requested by staff and Finance Director. Complete task promptly and efficiently, giving updates if delayed.
- Use company networking tool as requested by staff. Complete task promptly and efficiently, giving updates if delayed.
- Make teas/coffees/refreshments as requested.
- Open the post promptly, sort and distribute as appropriate in accordance with company practice.
- Monitor and maintain adequate supplies of all office stationery, but don't over stock.
- Frank all outgoing post correctly and promptly and ensure it is posted daily.
- Book couriers/taxis/restaurants etc as requested and correctly and promptly.
- Manage diaries as requested especially for Directors, proactively monitor on a daily basis ensuring restaurants, taxis etc. booked and no meeting clashes.
- Day to day office management working with the Finance Director to ensure the smooth running of the office.
- Update the website as and when requested by the team, an understanding of WordPress would be beneficial.
- Perform all ad hoc requests promptly, courteously and efficiently. The following is not an exhaustive list:
- Scanning and photocopying
- Liaising with printers/photographers etc as required
- Banking cheques and other receipts at the bank
- Collect petty cash from the bank
- Buy replacement tea/coffee/biscuits
- Buy ad hoc items as needed e.g. light bulbs, crockery
- Take urgent post to the post office during the day
- Give monthly copy readings on photocopier to supplier
- Assisting in preparing PowerPoint presentations
The above list sets out your main duties. Other duties may be added as they arise during the course of your employment.
Receptionist & PA Skills Required
- Experience of handling switchboard, answering phones, taking messages
- Excellent telephone manner
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- High proficiency in mail merge and handling databases
- Knowledge and experience of or ability to learn: Promap, Argus Goad, Mailchimp, WordPress
- Ability to manage more than one task efficiently and effectively at a time
- Excellent timekeeping
- Self driven, able to work on own initiative and set high standards for their own work
- Must be a team player and able to get on with others
- Reliable, loyal and trustworthy
- Must be very well organised
- Good with clients
- Good eye for detail
- Able to prioritise and handle several jobs at once
- Friendly, courteous, respectful of others
If you have the required experience for this role please send your CV to RMS Recruitment, a boutique PA agency with over 20 years' experience in the industry.