This start-up not-for-profit organisation is looking to recruit a Project Associate to support the team, in particular the CEO, across all the activities of the organisation. £25-32K
- The Project Associate will report to the CEO and will take responsibility for the planning and successful delivery of the full range of events.
- Last year comprised of around 30 different events ranging from small breakfasts to the large annual reception with an attendance of around 400.
- The events vary in size, style and content including those with a speaker and an educational component; discussion groups over dinner; events with a philanthropic aspect and networking evenings.
- The duties will vary for each event but can include any of planning, budgeting, and liaison with the venue, ensuring the provision of the right services eg AV, dealing with invitations and ensuring the appropriate number of attendees are confirmed.
- At the event itself it will include, with support from others, checking admissions, giving out badges and general organisational duties.
- In addition to the events duties the Project Associate will update the website with information about events and the communication of other news and be involved in any other ad hoc communications projects.
- Previous experience of events management is not necessary but the main requirements of the role are to have excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail and good written English.
- It is also important to be able to handle a variety of duties and be happy to work both independently and as part of a small team.
- Candidates should have the self-confidence to deal with a wide variety of individuals, both the members who attend events, many of whom offer volunteer support, as well as a number of service providers.
- It is important to recognise the value of providing a high level of service to members in an industry which is demanding and used to high standards.
- Basic numeracy is also required.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel and Powerpoint is expected.
- Candidates should identify with and support the aims of the not-for-profit.
Hours will be 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday plus some early morning (breakfast) events and some evening events which the Project Associate will be expected to attend.
Close to Vauxhall station
* 5% employee pension contribution
* 25 days holiday