My client is an international financial PR firm with over 850 clients globally, from FTSE100 enterprises to SMEs just starting out on their journey. They are 450+ people in 20 offices in 10 countries, working across 6 practice areas and a range of sector specialisms.
Practice / Team Overview
The Public Policy team helps clients understand and influence the debate on issues of public policy through engagement with Westminster and Whitehall, the media or councils and local communities. An organisation's success can be materially affected by the views, actions and decisions of politicians, regulators, the media and civil society. Using government relations, public affairs and the media, they help clients influence stakeholder's views, actions and decisions to create the best possible political environment in which to operate.
- Diary Management, scheduling client and new business meetings and arranging dinners and other networking / corporate entertainment events.
- Maintaining accurate details for contacts and inputting these into Outlook.
- Arranging national and international travel, including trains, flights and accommodation. Organising and processing VISA applications on behalf of the team.
- Correspondence, typing up minutes, some taking dictation onto the screen, some audio typing (very little), and general typing and formatting of documents.
- Maintaining/updating of client production timetables and programs in Excel.
- Excel data entry and formatting (pagination and data entry, not formulas).
- Creation and management of PowerPoint presentations.
- Photocopying, scanning, filing and booking couriers and taxis as required.
- Maintaining/updating of new business records.
- Regular liaison by telephone at senior levels (clients at senior executive level; senior civil servants and offices of Ministers and MPs).
- Coordinate meeting arrangements and full diary management for the team.
- Admin support for work experience / interns.
- Remain up to date and able to use all systems and work procedures (training supplied)
- "House" duties will be allocated from time to time e.g. rota management, updating secretarial handbook.
- Responsible for ensuring all procedures and production of documents, client packs etc. comply with in-house style and requirements.
- Occasional cover for reception and/or switchboard when required (training supplied).
Skills & Experience
- Specific Experience Required: 3 years' comprehensive experience in an EA/PA role, supporting a busy team / department.
- Additional Desirable Experience: Experience in a PR, Consultancy or other Agency environment would be an advantage.
Skills and Knowledge
- Educational Requirements: Ideally degree educated in any discipline.
- Language Skills: N/A
- IT Skills: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint, a good knowledge of Excel. Preferably Office 2010.
- Other Knowledge: Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy are essential.
Benefits: bonus; 25 days holiday; pension; income protection; death in service; private healthcare; season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership; ride to work; childcare vouchers; eye care vouchers; flu vaccination; Friday drinks trolley; running club; shoe repairs & cleaning; massage & nail technician; morning fruit; employee assistance programme; charity work scheme
Travel Requirement: None
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Generally worked between 9.00am and 5.30pm.
RMS Recruitment is a boutique recruitment firm specialising in PA & Secretarial