We have an exciting Corporate Receptionist role in a rapidly expanding IT Company based in iconic offices in the City. The role is paying up to £25,000 DOE!
The role requires the ability to work in a dynamic environment with a flexible approach that allows the company to maintain the image of professionalism and reliability in the view of its customers.
All of the tasks require information to be maintained at the highest levels of accuracy enabling confidence of the team in their ability to reconcile and report activities.
The candidate will on occasion be required to handle sensitive information, and as such be able to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Polite and courteous to deal with a wide range to people and situations which occur at the front desk
- Awareness of potential cultural background of visitors and callers and how to deal with them
Quality Delivery skills:
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Impeccable presentation and grooming
- Desire to deliver the highest quality reception services : constant quest for improvement to service delivered while working within the team framework
- Booking, setting-up and coordinating meetings, presentations and conference style meetings, and arranging supporting technology
- Anticipating problems/requests and having options available to resolve them
- Capability of reacting and assessing problems calmly and resolving them or assessing and escalating them appropriately.
Time management skills
- Asses and prioritise tasks in a dynamic environment. Status reporting
- Excellent phone manner. Polite and professional at all times. Firm and forceful when required.
- Capability of assessing and identifying genuine business calls from alternative calls
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced Outlook and email management skills
- Ability to work with diverse technology (telephones, video conferencing, wifi)
- Capability to resolve simple technical problems (power, laptop leads, connecting to wifi, etc.)
- English GCSE (or equivalent) C grade or above
- Mathematics GCSE (or equivalent) C grade or above
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (IT GCSE (or equivalent) C grade or above)
- Second European language desirable.
- Familiarity with the corporate environment is desired.
- Answer and direct calls appropriately
- Screen calls from prospective suppliers
- Maintain internal directories
- Maintain VC directories
- Manage AC account allocation
- Meet and greet guests
- Receive couriers
- Manage reception area preparedness
- Assist with meeting room bookings
- Arrange meeting technology support incl. wifi codes
- Manage meeting room availability
- Manage meeting room preparedness
- Order lunches for meetings on request
- Refreshments and lunch catering in rooms
- Receive mail
- Open general mail
- Distribute mail and couriers
- Book couriers
- Coordinate mail collection (outbound)
- Assist with travel and hotel bookings
- Book taxis
- Assist with visa applications
- Arrange guest access with building security
- Manage staff security passes
- Maintain office stationery stocks
- Maintain printer toner stocks
- Maintain meeting room catering stocks
- Respond to administrative request for meetings or visiting employees (scans, printing, photocopies etc.)
- Financial administration: some expenses reconciliation, petty cash and coffee sales. Coordinating and recording 3rd party credit card authorizations
- Coffee and lunch requests for some senior members of staff.
- Record staff leave and absences
The Coporate Receptiont's role at Front Desk centres on communication, coordination and direction. As such the team are often looked to at a time of crisis and additional skills to deal with medical or other emergencies are desirable.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to work in a team environment and to learn quickly in order to adapt with a company that is changing rapidly. In-team reporting is crucial, as well as the capacity to continue and complete tasks started by colleagues. A great chance to progress your career!!
If you think you are suitable for the job, please do not hesitate to apply!
RMS is a well-established recruitment agency based in London and specialising in administrative/secretarial roles. We have over 16 years' experience recruiting for both creative and corporate industries and would love to help with your search!