Great Office & Research Assistant role for a leading Executive Search firm based in the Westend, lovely team! Perfect for the pro-active and self-sufficient candidates looking for a new challenge! Salary up to £26k DOE! Apply with your CV today if this sounds like the role for you!
I have a lovely new Office & Research Assistant role at one of our lovely clients - a highly successful Exec Search firm based in Chancery Lane.
They are seeking a bright, driven, proactive candidate who will be self-sufficient, on the ball and keen to learn. The more you volunteer for the more they will give you!
A company that looks after their staff, they are a long term client of ours - we have placed multiple people there. This really is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for real investment into their career in a busy and buzzy environment. They are also a really sociable and outgoing team who are looking for someone who will fit in well. Personality is paramount!
Role: Office & Research Assistant
Salary: £22-26K DOE
Benefits: 25 days holiday, 50% gym membership subsidy; interest-free annual travel card loan; private medical insurance; PHI (income protection); free lunch on Wednesday's, free drinks on Friday after work, annual discretionary bonus
Hours: 08:30 - 18:00 (early finish on a Friday!)
Start date: ASAP
Exec Search firm specialising in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure industries - placing candidates in businesses all over the world! They have grown from strength to strength since they were founded, and are currently expanding globally, so it is a great time to be joining!
Ideally you'll have...
- Previous experience on reception, or general admin and phone experience
- The ability to show initiative and attention to detail
- A down to earth, friendly, confident, and enthusiastic approach
- A can do attitude and hands-on approach to fixing problems
- Excellent personable skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- You'll need to be reliable, approachable and adaptable
- Great team working skills but also the ability to work autonomously and take responsibility for fulfilling tasks and meeting deadlines
You will be - a real asset to the team, quick and on the ball, proactive and comes up with the right answers at the right time! Self-sufficient too, has a good balance.
You will be a valued and important member of the team working closely with the PA and supporting the CS Manager in the administration of the business. You will confidently assist the PA with the day-to-day running of the reception services. You will have excellent multi-tasking abilities and enjoy the fact that no two days are ever the same. When taking on the role of Research Assistant, you will be a vital part of the back office team, hot-desking and assisting both researchers and consultants with ad-hoc duties such as printing/binding presentations or organising diaries for candidate interviews. A key part of your role here will be managing the administration of our database and ensuring the business is compliant with data protection rules. Your time management will be precise, as you will need to ensure you are back on the front desk to greet visitors and organise meeting rooms at appropriate times during the day.
We are looking for someone with experience of the corporate office environment, who is adaptable and willing to learn. A flexible, unflappable attitude is key, as your day will not follow a routine. You will have the opportunity to learn about research and training could be given to the right person as our need for appropriate resource increases. This role would suit a second jobber, who understands the protocols of a busy office, and the importance of punctuality and attention to detail.
We are a sociable, driven team who support each other despite the uniqueness of our roles, and this has fostered a collaborative, dynamic environment within the office. Culture afternoons and weekly team drinks are important to us and we expect you to join in!
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing a warm, friendly and professional FOH service for the company and its visitors at all times
- Assisting the CSM & PA for regular business support tasks such as updating business information
and data entry on finance system
- Maintaining the tidy appearance of front and back offices including kitchen, meeting rooms and reception area, maintain supplies of essential refreshments, newspapers etc
- Managing meeting room booking system and provide support cover to the Directors when the PA Is absent
- First line IT/printer/telecoms support
- Database master, providing administrative support and liaising with IT/software companies when required - Minute taking
- Meeting scheduling
- Binding documents
- Creating presentations
- Ad-hoc assistance within the research team
Any additional tasks and activities as required, in line with the above job purpose.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will be able to demonstrate that you have: Fluency in written/spoken English - Good, accurate copy typing speed - Familiarity with MS Office - Previous employment in an administrative role including reception duties in an office environment OR previous employment in a reception role. - Previous employment in an administrative AND FOH/Reception role in an office environment - Working knowledge of MS Excel and/or bookkeeping software
RMS Recruitment has been recruiting in central London for over 17 years. We work with a range of industries from luxury brands to finance houses and recruit for secretarial/administrative positions. If you are looking for a new role or are looking to recruit within your own company please get in touch!